|Retrieved from Smartsclub.net|
Dear Parents /Guardians, I will be running primary and junior reading clubs this year, starting Wednesday September 24 and Thursday the25th .
When: 11:50 to 12:45,
Primary: Every Wednesdays from September 24 to December 17.
Junior: Every Thursdays from September 25 to December 18.
Where: In the library
How does it work?
On Reading Club days, students will eat their lunches in the library and then we may go over any book club business such as
- · selecting and promoting the month's selections (our members’ favorite books)
- · participating in a collective Read-aloud of fiction or chapter books
- · organize and set-up the school entrance display
- · creating posters using art work or computer programs to promote library events such as book fairs
- · posting on the library blog
- · participating in Just Read It!
- But most of the time, students will READ for PLEASURE
Permission form will be available at the library and via your child's teacher. If your child wants to join the reading club, please complete the form and send it back to me.
Students are expected to attend each session and participate positively. If a student is absent for 2 consecutive sessions for reasons other than illness he/she may be asked to leave.
If your child is enthusiastic about reading and enjoys chilling with a good book, Dewson Reading club is the place to be!